Kingcats Fence Limited is a professional and environmentally conscious organisation, which acknowledges the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment. The clear objective of Kingcats Fence Limited is to minimise any impact on the environment by:
- Preventing pollution, reducing waste and ensuring, wherever practicable, that measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna
- Considering the effects that our operations may have on the local community
- Taking action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impacts Ensuring effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting.
- Ensure that all timber placed on the EU market carries a negligible risk of originating from illegally logged forests by implementing a due diligence system which is in compliance with the EUTR (European Timber Regulations) Ensure that all timber is from well managed sources and where possible in line with FSC/PEFC chain of custody standards requirements. It is the policy of the company not to involve in the following activities:
- Illegal logging or trade in illegal wood or forest products
- Violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations
- Destruction of high conversion values in forestry operations
- Significant conversion of forest to plantation or non forest use
- Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations
- Violation of any of the ILO Core Conservative, as defined in the ILO declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, 1998.
Mr Andy Dai (Managing Director) has overall responsibility for ensuring this policy is implemented and the resources are available. Managerial and supervisory staff has day to day responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all work.
Kingcats Fence Limited will fully comply with the duties placed upon it within the requirements of legislation, whilst at all times complying with, as a matter of best practice, the requirements and duties set out within Approved Guidance as issued by the Environment Agency and other organisations. As part of the company’s commitment to maintaining the highest levels of environmental management, it is the intention that the company will work towards environmental management systems compliant with ISO14001.
All employees and sub-contractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as is reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment related matter.
Kingcats Fence Limited will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective preventive and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy.
The directors have overall responsibility for all environmental matters. The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that they remain current and applicable to the company’s activities. This policy has been endorsed by the board of directors which gives its full support to its implementation.